[3830] CQWW CW N3RS M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 28 23:13:37 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RD, WA3LRO, W8FJ, N3ED, N2SR & N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: EPA

  160:   87    13       49
   80:  667    25       88
   40: 1292    40      132
   20: 1253    39      144
   15: 1425    36      134
   10:  306    26       93

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Our congrats to the K4JA crew.  That was a great effort and we will miss the top
notch competition from Paul and his crew.  GL with your drag racing, Paul.

My sincere thanks to the crew here at N3RS, especially to Walt, who flew in from
CA to be with us for both modes.  I hope they all enjoyed the competition and
the special help from my wife, Maryann.  She is, as usual, the unsung hero of
our efforts here at N3RS, catering all meals and cleaning up after the dust
settles.

As far as our experience this weekend, we did our best with the poor conditions
we had.  It seems that the solar flux nerer got high enough to overcome the
relatively high absorption in the northern latitudes.  We has a few new weapons
this year with fixed yagis to the south on 40, 20 & 15 meters.  Unfortunately,
we had severe interference from the 40M station getting into 20 and also 15
meters.  For those that have TIC ring rotors, I think we have found the problem
that generates the noise, but didn't find it until it was too late to fix.

Station consists of 2 towers with the following antennas:
160M      top loaded vertical with 8 above ground radials
 80M       rotary dipole at 140ft mounted above the top 15M yagi and a 4V
array
 40M       3el rotary @ 140ft and 2el @ 60ft fixed south
 20M       5/5/5 rotating stack on TIC Rings @ 117/77/37ft and 4el @ 100ft fixed
south
 15M       4/4/4 rotating stack on side-arms & the top rotor@ 130/87/47ft and
5/5 @ 80/40ft fixed
               south
 10M      5/5/5 rotating stack on side-arms @ 84/50/22ft and 5el rotary above
the 3el 40M yagi
              @ 150ft
3 2-wire beverages for NE/SW, N/S, and E/W directions.

Station equipment included:
4 FT-1000MP's with 2 ACOM 2000's, an Alpha 91B and a Ten-Tec Titan
a 5th FT-1000MP was used as a spotting station, using partner mode in CT

Thanks to all the stations that called us and for the patience of those we asked
for repeats.  Signals were exceptionally weak this year.

73 de Sig, N3RS