[3830] CQWW CW 4U1UN M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 00:18:28 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 4U1UN
Operator(s): WA2GO,OH1VR
Station: 4U1UN

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

  160:   59     2        1
   80:  251     7       11
   40:  446    14       31
   20:  494    17       47
   15:  365    17       39
   10:  300    14       23
------------------------------
Total: 1915    71      152  Total Score = 920,990

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

Rig: FT-1000MP (1)
Amp: TL-922 (1 KW)
Ant: All-band dipole
Spotting network: NONE

A truly enjoyable experience operating with Seppo, OH1VR - an amazing CW op and
a first class gentleman.  Huge thanks to Mohamed, KA2RTD for setting up the
station for us, hanging around for 15 straight hours on Saturday while we played
radio, and providing several hours of operator relief in the form of a couple
dozen very close games of table tennis! (This was the first contest in which I
actually worked up a sweat.)

Great fun seeing the Last-100 QSO rate exceed 200/hr a couple of times. Best
three hours were: 166 (OH1VR on 10M at 1900Z), 164 (OH1VR on 10M/15M at 2000Z),
and 160 (WA2GO on 40M at 0300Z). Overall lots of very good ops calling us in the
pileups - much more pleasant than SSB. Many apologies to those who we could not
hear. The NYC QRN on most bands covers all but the strongest of signals. Hence
84% of all QSO's were North America, 12% Europe, 3% South America, and just 1%
rest of the world.