[3830] CQWW CW EI4HQ SOSB/40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 02:07:42 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: EI4HQ
Operator(s): EI4HQ
Station: EI4HQ

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Cork

   40:  135    12       57

Only managed some S&P, mostly on Sunday evening. Conditions were fair to
middling eastwards with some very strong middle east stations that were a
pushover to work. At one stage however I had awful trouble being heard into the
Mediterranean (e.g. I could work neither IS0 stations for nearly an hour -
eventually the propagation kink straightened out and they were logged).
Propagation never really got going westwards and only the big NA stations were
logged. The big carribbean guns (P40L, V26K etc.) were all audible but
unworkable. The whole of South America was a no show from my QTH...