[3830] CQWW CW W8AV(@W8V) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 06:41:03 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): K3JT, K4LT, AF8A, K8AJS, N8IW, W8AV, W8RZ
Station: W8V

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:

  160:   56    12       34
   80:  218    21       79
   40:  440    34      116
   20: 1062    40      132
   15:  790    34      124
   10:  157    24       78

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

For a near-the-botom-of-a-sunspot-cycle contest conditions on 15 were pretty
good on Saturday. 160 was very noisy here throughout the whole contest, however,
making copying DX stations pretty rough.

We lost the 15 meter TS-930 on Sunday afternoon and had to take the ten meter
station radio to use in its place.  Looks like there is a spare radio is in my
future.  We also had problems with a pesky rotator that got stuck pointed south
late Saturday night. A bit of playing on the ground got this problem resolved
and saved a trip up the tower during the middle of the contest.

Thanks to all the W8AV crew for a great effort this year.  Also a big thanks to
Terry, K3JT, who made the trip from Morgantown, WV to man the 40 meter station
and help out on the runs on 20 meters in the contest.   A few of the W8AV ops
got an extra bonus, as Terry hand delivered 5X1X cards to several of the ops
that worked him during his work trip to Uganda last year.