[3830] CQWW CW W4ZW SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 11:34:59 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WCF

   40:   25     9       20
   20:   71    22       48
   15:   42    19       28
   10:   32    12       25

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Soapbox:  Bummer this time.  Took down the 40M beam to change out the coax since
I noticed it was waterlogged when I put it back up after the storms, and the
wind was too much this week to get it back up before CQWW.  And my RFI problems
are back with the new configurations, so low power for this one.  I now have to
trouble shoot the alarm system, stereo's, the elevator controls & lights, and my
XYL's TIVO.  Heaven help me if her TIVO isn't working right.  40 is always my
favorite band, but low power and a low dipole won't make it in CQWW. Had a house
full of relatives, so caught a few minutes here and there.  XS, you were loud on
40 but took three calls for you to hear my puny little signal.  George, your
J7OJ was LOUD every time I heard you.  Caught N2NL/MM in zone 7 working them
fast and furious.  Seemed like there were a lot of deaf Godzilla signals, or
maybe I'm just not used to LP and wires.  All S&P.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, FL
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"