[3830] CQWW CW G4EDG SOSB/20 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 12:22:34 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G4EDG
Operator(s): G4EDG
Station: G4EDG

Class: SOSB/20 QRP
QTH: Exeter

   20:  611    31      101

Worked flat out S&P and had a few short productive runs of EUs, some really good
ears out there! Pleasantly surprised on sunday evening when returning to the
band after all seemed lost to find CX and LU crashing in...I had been calling
CX5AO on and off for 2 hours previously...came back first call! missed the 3G
(CE) though.

Just seen S56A's score...well done!!

Station details:

RX: Kenwood R-820

TX: Homebrew, pair of 2SC1971's in the final (full QSK with the '820)

Ant: DX-33, 3 ele triband yagi @10m

Logging: SD on a 486 laptop (although the escape key wouldn't halt the keying,
so used the CMOS super keyer 3....bit of a pain)

This is my 4th band SOSB QRP (10, 15 & 80 done previously) so looking at 160 or
40 for next year.

Thanks for another great contest

73 Steve G4EDG