[3830] CQWW CW VK6DXI SOSB/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 12:52:02 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VK6DXI
Operator(s): VK6DXI
Station: VK6DXI

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Perth

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  512    25       65
   40:   12     9       11
   20:   71    15       17
   15:   38    10       17
   10:  211    11       40

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Hi all,

I am still with andrelin in my blood vains.
What a thrill.... I love contest and whatever it brings...

I was suppose to be travelling this weekend on business, but good gods allowed
me to stay home and operate contest.....
It really took me by surprise that I will be on.....

So once I found out that I am in, I had to make a decision, what to do... A
pleasant task, I must say.... Since I was SO 80m in SSB part of CQWW 2004, I
decided to carry on the 80m torch.

I knew my "old" antenna was not good enough. With a assistance of the EZ-HANG
(what a tool it is, great stuff) I put up a full size quarter wave vertical
(wire) antenna for 80m band, up in the tree. As the tree was not tall enough,
antenna was on the slope towards Eu. I set radials about 2 m above ground (to
allow kangaroos to move around).

It did not work OK with USA (it was not suupose to- for USA I had my "old" inv.
Vee), but was great with EU's and Africa.

In SSB part, I could not run EU, but this time it was different. May be it was a
propagation, may be it was my special antenna wire, but whatever it was, it
worked.

This is a score, I managed over the last weekend:

80m, Single Op, no Internet:
512 QSO, 25 Zones, 65 DXCC
Overall: 130, 140 points.

I still managed some QSO's on other bands ( for vk contest club and
...pleasure), but since I was doing antenna work on Saturday, not so much was
done on upper bands:
Band QSO Zn DX
160 0 0 0
80 512 25 65
40 12 9 11
20 71 15 17
15 38 10 17
10 211 11 40
Total 844 70 150
Total score (for VKCC and Team competition) 534, 160

Contesting IS

73
Mirek
VK6DXI