[3830] CQWW CW VE7UF M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 29 22:03:53 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE5DX VE7RG VE7NS VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Courtenay

  160:   13    10       11
   80:  549    18       34
   40:  801    31       81
   20:  684    31       79
   15:  796    30       60
   10:  355    16       32

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

I wasn't sure the station would have a second run operator until the weekend
before the contest so it was late to try to interest more operators.  The result
is the mult station made a total of only 131 QSOs & I spent 16 hours alone.
It's always interesting to compare results with other years.  The station & the
crew is the same as the 2002 CQWWCW.  This year the high bands conditions were
much reduced & the low bands were improved.  We made a few more QSOs this year &
broke the station QSO record, but were 300k lower in points due to lack of
mults. The equipment was perfect for once. There were extremely difficult
pileups on the Caribbean stations Sunday. All in all it was better than I
figured it would be at the start. Our thanks to all that called.

73
Duane Sandmeyer VE7UF