[3830] CQWW CW YT6A SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 30 07:11:26 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: YT6A
Operator(s): YT6A
Station: YT6A

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Obosnik hill

   20: 2250    39      145
Total: 2250    39      145  Total Score = 750,000

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

I cancel planed SOAB operation at Friday. Unfortunately, 80M rotary dipole was
destroyed by wind one month ago and bad WX conditions did not allow me to fix
it.
At Friday morning almighty send us as gift wonderful sunny day, unusually quite
without wind. Thanks to that, I manage to put up my new 5L20 yagi on 14m boom,
at height of 25m. I design that antenna a month ago and squash all parameters
very close to theoretical maximum. Beauty was on the tower two hours after
sunset and works as expected..

I used 3 antennas. Stack 3/3 at 12m/22m, one rotary 3L20 at 42m and 5L20 at 25m.
Very comfortable, indeed. Second radio was connected on GP 200m far a way, and
helps a lot.

Much worse conditions compare with SSB part. JA’s were coming at the sun rise
very clear, but I had no pile up at all. Poor propagation on the USA. Band was
close around 19 GMT. I missed at least 10-15 MPLs.

My truly compliments to Nikola, 9A5W on excellent score. As usually 9A1A team
make much more DX than me.

HARDWARE:
IC775 - TS940
2 x 1kW