[3830] CaQP K5PTC(N1LN) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 3 17:31:32 EDT 2004

                    California QSO Party

Call: K5PTC
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Texas

  160:    1      0
   80:    1      1
   40:   50     18
   20:   90     45
   15:   99     66
   10:   15     14
--------------------

Club: Pesky Texan Contesters

Comments:

Having two big state QSO parties back to back is great.  TQP was last weekend
and my wife Laurie - N1YXU and I hosted our first m/m event.  So, this week I
decided to try my had at SO2R in the CQP.  This was my first attempt at SO2R,
so
if I took too long to come back... I was probably using the wrong radio, sorry
:-((  I finally started to get the swing of it late Saturday afternoon
with one radio on 15cw the other on 20cw.  Now, if there was only another
contest next weekend for more practice -

Once again this year I was unable to get a sweep, missing KING, LAS, MER and
SIE.  I am sure if I had more time to participate, or if the 8.5 hrs spent on
the air were consecutive I would have had a better chance.   None the less,
the
CQP - 2004 was another very active event.

Thanks to the organizers and all that participated.

73 from Texas,
Bruce - N1LN  (K5PTC - Pesky Texan Contest Club)