[3830] CaQP N6WG Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 3 20:12:15 EDT 2004

                    California QSO Party

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

--------------------
Total:  431     0  Mults = 49  Total Score = 63,357

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my second, and best CQP so far.  Last year, after a fun
but unspectacular time, I set a goal of 50K points for this year.
I blew right past it by bedtime Sat night, and added to it on
Sunday.  Wound up with 63K plus change, just under 80% improvement.
I guess the work I've done on the (in)famous WimpyWire antenna
system paid off.  I missed any good conditions on 10m, and only had
3 contacts there.  15m and 20m had to be my money bands.  I
surprised myself by working 5 stations on 160m with only my short
40m dipole, as a dipole, not a top loaded vertical!
The 40m dipole served pretty well on 80m also.
Now I have a year to work on the things that still need improving.
Hope you all had as much fun as I did.
Thanks to all and 73
Bob N6WG