[3830] CaQP N5RZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 3 20:17:21 EDT 2004

                    California QSO Party

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

   40:   51     27
   20:  122     80
   15:   24      9
--------------------

Since I got shut out of the Texas QSO Party last weekend due to other
commitments, thought I'd make a big effort to get on to work the W6's.  Was able
to get a late start and put in a reasonable effort between other chores.

Put the magmount on the pickup in the driveway and ran the RG213 into the house.
  Used the TS850S barefoot with TR Log.  Antennas were Hamsticks for 20M & 40M,
and a 102" CB whip & tuner for 15M.  Skip on 10M was too long everytime I
listened and generally too long on 15M most of the time except for some Northern
Cal stns.  Band changes meant a trip outside to swap antannas!!

Missed Alpine for the Sweep  -  understand W6OAT/M was there on Saturday - rats.
 Thanks to K6AQL/m & W6OAT/m (who I didn't hear on Sunday) for hitting the road
for us.

Lots of fun -  thanks to all for the QSO's.

73,  Gator