[3830] CaQP AE6Y Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 4 00:10:41 EDT 2004

                    California QSO Party

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCLA

  160:    10      3
   80:   122    132
   40:   210     47
--------------------
Total:  1016   1066  Mults = 58  Total Score = 300,440

Club: MLDXCC

Comments:

A wonderful contest as usual.  First time over 300k (barely) here, and first
time over 800 CW Qs.  I hadn't planned to spend so much time on CW (actually
spent an hour more on CW than on Phone) but I rarely felt that I was getting
much going on phone, and even with this emphasis on CW, my points per hour
averaged 245 for CW (at a rate of 82 Q/HR) and 185 for phone (at 93 Q/Hr).
  Got SO2R working pretty well, with auto bandswitching, but the antennas aren't
fully automatic yet.  It was very useful for picking up CA stations or
out-of-state CQers on the second radio, plus it always gives you the feeling you
are doing something useful while you wait for CQs to be answered (or, on Sunday
morning on 20, listening to N6O warm up 15 waiting for it to open).
  Congrats to K6NA, K6LA, K6XX for some big scores (and to W6TK, whom I felt
that I was chasing the entire contest, and who ended up with 5k more points).
  Rig:  756Pro, and Pro2, Ten-Tec 425s, Force 12 80-1, 40-2, 20-3, 15-3, 10-3,
2-el SteppIR.
  Software:  CQPWIN ver. 10.
  73, Andy, AE6Y