[3830] CaQP K6IF Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 5 00:22:37 EDT 2004

                    California QSO Party

Call: K6IF
Operator(s): K6IF
Station: K6IF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Mendocino County

  160:   21      19
   80:   34      36
   40:  165     142
   20:  248     564
   15:  135     354
   10:   89     185
--------------------

Total failure of the 80 meter antenna proved Tom's theory about light bulbs :-)
I worked 70 guys on 80 meters using my 160 meter inverted V and the internal
tuner in my TS-850 :-)  Some kind of loose connection caused massive RFI on 40
meters, limiting me to 500 watts.  Usually, 40 and 80 are my strongest bands -
not this time :-(

More QSO's on 160 than in any contest before - in fact probably more than my sum
total of lifetime 160 QSO's.  Also roughly doubled my lifetime total of CW Q's
by making close to 700 in this one :-)  Thanks to all who put up with my lousy
CW skills...

Participation from TCG and CCO was impressive!  I had 113 ON QSO's and 71 TN
QSO's.  10% of my total QSO's were with those two mults.  Wow!

The new two stack of 4 element SteppIR's performed flawlessly.  I'm convinced.

K6IF was:

Orion + AL-1200
TS-850 + Alpha 76PA
All on one tower (see pics at www.k6if.com):
4 element SteppIR's at 38' and 73' for 'run' radio (either one)
2 element SteppIR at 55' for 'second' radio
2 element 40 at 85'
1 element 80 at 88' (not working)
1 element 160 w/ apex at 72'

Thanks to all for making this one so much fun.  See you in SS!

                        ***dan, K6IF