[3830] CaQP K6NA(N6ED) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 5 03:06:57 EDT 2004

                    California QSO Party

Call: K6NA
Operator(s): N6ED
Station: K6NA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SDGO

  160:    1      13
   80:   97     101
   40:  190     192
   20:  265     653
   15:  218     432
   10:   93     321
--------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This year's contest was a true bonus in my estimation with declining sunspots
and general HF interest.  I thought for sure going in that there would be a
near zero chance for 10m and that 15m would be about half flat.  I was
pleasantly suprised on Saturday to hear some real FB signals when a quick check
of the second radio alerted me to the 10m opening.  I thought I was late to
notice it since I was so busy on 15/20 at the start so I made the move to get to
the action on 10m.  That was a real moral boost!
Ken was right, the start was the deciding factor in this one.  I had rates of
154, 159, and 123 over the first 3 hours with 12 total hours over 100 QSO rate.
This rate makes CQP an increadible experience in domestic contesting that is
rarely ever felt out on the "Left Coast".

The only trip from Murphy was on Sunday when I experienced a deep brownout that
tripped both amplifiers, rebooted the computer, cut power to the monitor, and
power cycled both radios.  That was enough to take a few years out of my life!!
Sorry to W6TK who was unknowingly left wondering why I stopped sending right in
the middle of the exchange on CW!!!  Sorry Dick!!!  Lost a few minutes resetting
everything but the station was none the worse for wear and I kept on going!

I have to give credit to the guys in Ontario for getting on this year.  Was it
snowing up there or something?  :)  Really guys, great job from all the CCO
ops!!!!

I also wanted to give a nod to N6KI who invited a couple of newbies into his
shack to teach them the art of contesting.  Great job Dennis!  That is the true
ham spirit!!!  Your ops sounded great!

Thanks to Glenn for the use of his fine station.  I'm grateful that those nasty
fires last year spared the QTH. (whew way too close for comfort)

Catch all of you in the next one!
73 de Craig, N6ED

Interesting QSOs: FR1GZ calling in early and N2ED loud on 160 SSB!

Some other statistics worth mentioning:
1457 unique calls worked
15 sections worked with less than 10 QSOs
1 QSO with ND  (yikes!)

State/Province stats
CA	354
ON	143