[3830] CQWW SSB WB9Z SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 31 20:15:23 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WB9Z
Operator(s): WB9Z
Station: WB9Z

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: IL

  160:   39    13       27
   80:  100    18       64
   40:  216    27       91
   20:  403    36      119
   15:  616    37      128
   10:  737    33      137

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First time I have ever run a major contest in the assisted caterogy,
it sure was a lot of fun to have the local DX packet network running
without any crashes.

Glad to see the enhanced propagation conditions hang in through the contest
period.  Too bad the local weather conditions were not as good.

Unfortunately too many lightning and high wind storm cells passed way TOO
close to my antenna farm and I was forced to pull the plug on everything at
least 3 times for periods of 30 to 60 minutes in the first 12 hours.....
The storms finally cleared the last half of the contest, which gave me a chance
to try to catch up and have some nice runs.

Had a really fun time on 10.   I think conditions were as good as last
year, and maybe as good as two years ago.

WB9Z