[3830] CQWW SSB K8IR SOSB/15 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 31 21:03:33 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8IR
Operator(s): K8IR
Station: K8IR

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: MI

   15:  447    30      111

Judging from the reports, I should have done 10 meter SB this year, but
the 20 over 9 JA's at the start made me stick with 15 again. Of
course, those great signals lasted about 45 minutes, and the JA/Pacific
opening was never as good the rest of the way. I worked all the African
Zones for the first time, but could not penetrate the Asian Zones with my
low power, although I heard 24 and 27.

It was a strange start on Saturday, with the opening to EU being delayed
by a couple of hours. The good news was I was able to take care of a lot
of the Caribbean mults early without the usual fight against the EU pileups.

As usual a great time, and thanks to all who dug my call out of the QRM.