[3830] NA Sprint CW KG5U LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 12 02:07:52 EDT 2004

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers #1

Comments:

Great contest.  Good conditions.  Too bad the computer decided to act up a few
minutes before the contest and suddenly would not key the radio.  I programmed
up the CMOS keyer, but it had sticky buttons and I frequently found messages
concatenating resulting in lots short breaks to decrement the number back to
where it was supposed to be.  PLUS, the logging software didn't seem to
recognize ESC to clear the callsign and exchange fields, so had to use backspace
and arrow buttons to clear them.  I should have paper logged. :-)