[3830] WAE SSB N3RD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 12 20:45:03 EDT 2004

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3RD
Operator(s): N3RD
Station: N3RD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PA

   80:   91    89    92
   40:   80    48    75
   20:  453   417    86
   15:  447   446    86
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total: 1071  1000   339  Total Score = 699,357

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I was just going to play a little during prime times.  However, conditions
were just a bit too good, and I was having fun.  Set a goal 500 Qs, but when
that was accomplished, there was too much time left, so that goal was reset to
1,000 Qs.

Didn't call CQ on 40 or 80 the first night, since the beverages had not yet
been commissioned for the year.  Saturday, I reconnected the European
beverage,
and was able to call some productive CQs on 80m the second night.  At the end
of the contest, I went to 40m and called CQ there for the first time at 2345Z
and
put 30 QSOs in the log.  I guess I should have done that earlier!

The WAE is a really fun contest, and even without 10m, it was great to say
hello to lots of pals.

Award for Callsign Resulting in Most Requests for Repeats in QTCs:  S5046A
No other call came even close.  You accomplished your goal, Mario!

73 - Dave N3RD