[3830] NA Sprint CW W6EEN(N6RT) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 13 01:43:15 EDT 2004

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W6EEN
Operator(s): N6RT
Station: W6EEN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

My worst sprint score.  I now have a lot of sympathy for people who have trouble
with thunderstorms.  I had bad S9 static (and other interesting atmospheric
noises) from thunderstorms in the area.  I started out good, but the second two
hours slowed greatly and I could only work mostly the stronger stations.

Don W6EEN and I spent an hour in the 100+ degree heat to string up an 80m dipole
since the 80m beam stopped working in the last contest.  Unfortunately, it
didn't work very well as even W4s were beating me out while I was calling W6's.
Also, the radio control on the second radio didn't seem to work for some reason,
and software always thought it was on 80m.  Sorry if I called some of you guys
on 40m as dupes!

   73 de Doug, N6RT