[3830] NA Sprint SSB VE3AGC LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 19 10:18:28 EDT 2004

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: VE3AGC
Operator(s): VE3AGC
Station: VE3AGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Etobicoke

   80:   48    0:57
   40:   62    1:43
   20:   41    1:20
---------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team: Team CCO

Comments:

For the SSB sprint the radio ran cool and my throat ran hot; first flu in a year
and a half. Cold beer was the best soother.

20M was very slow from here the first hour-lots of callers but I couldn't break
many pileups and couldn't be heard well. The last hour on 80 was the reverse.

My software insists on scoring KL2A as a mult (KL7 not WA), and refuses PY2. So
I have rescored KL2A out and haven't included PY2 in the mult list. Heard
several other mults but couldn't get through pileup and couldn't attract
attention. I tried going up or down a few KHz which worked occasionally. The big
miss was Canadian mults, with only VE2, VE3 and VE7 heard and worked.

Tnx to all for qsos. My third sprint and it gets addictive.

Equipment:
Mark V, minquad at 40ft for some 20M, DXLB+ at 34ft for other contacts and bands,
YPlog software getting old now but still going.

73

Bob