[3830] Salmon Run N0AX MobileMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 20 00:27:20 EDT 2004

                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: N0AX
Operator(s): N0AX
Station: N0AX

Class: MobileMixed LP
QTH:

--------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

900+ miles and 17 counties activated this weekend.  Started on a FB ridge at the
Douglas/Grant county line, overlooking Ephrata, WA.  Crashed a street party in
Odessa. Drove 20 miles on gravel roads in Whitman County only to find the Little
Goose Dam across the Snake River was CLOSED to traffic!  15 more miles over
gravel roads and wound up with an unplanned pass through Garfield County. Benton
and Klickitat counties are DARK! Slept in the parking lot at the Stonehenge
replica above the Columbia river on Saturday night. Started on Sunday
overlooking the Columbia with big, tired salmon swimming slowly upstream. The
weather was a lot better than I expected and it was bee-yoo-tiful scenery over
in Eastern WA.

45 states, 23 counties, 7 DX entities, 3 provinces, 2 turtle doves and a
partridge in a pear tree. I'll do it again next year!

73, Ward N0AX/m7