[3830] Salmon Run VE7FO SOMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 20 05:18:24 EDT 2004

                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: Vancouver

  160:
   80:   27     39
--------------------
Total:   30     39  Mults = 41  Total Score = 8,118

Had too many things going on to get into the Sprint.  Did have a little time
during the Salmon Run to get a partial fix to keep me going until CQWW RTTY.

I was tuning around at about 8pm PDST on Sat night and heard a bunch of salmon
calling.  I hadn't really planned on entering but quickly set up TR and away I
went.  No voice messages recorded for this one, so no voice keyer.  Wasn't on
long enough to matter.

Usually in state QSO parties I've got a printed list of all the counties along
with a big map (22x34") of the state and all the announced mobile routes drawn
on a plastic overlay on the map.  Actually, 2 plastic overlays, 1 for Sat and 1
for Sun.

Well, none of this happened for this one, having made no preparation at all.
Consequently, I had trouble with a lot of the county names on phone.  "Was that
Klickaclack, Klackatas, Kittyclick??.. uhh.. better give that to me again."

Had a little trouble trying to figure out why a zero would be calling me.  "AX
station - again??"  Hmm.. now I've got 0AX.  He doesn't count for me.  Why is he
calling me and why is his voice so familiar?  Oh, it's N0AX and he's in two
counties at once, how do I log that?  Oh yes, I remember.  Oh lord, it's one of
those crackajack ones I don't know the abbreviation for.  Oh, OK, I got it
now.

Sorry Ward.  (Bet he's glad he didn't work me in the Sprint)

Thought I heard N7OU very faintly once.  Did manage to work KI7Y with a nice
strong sig from Skamania.

I did have fun in the brief time available.  Had the rate meter up to 120
briefly on 75 phone.  Could have got it higher if I hadn't been stumbling over
the county names all the time.

Forgot about the W7DX bonus so didn't spend any time looking for him.  I was
pleased to find him in the log.

Thanks for the Qs, guys, and hope you had fun.

73 de Jim Smith	VE7FO