[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9CVC Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 20 12:47:10 EDT 2004

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K9CVC
Operator(s): K9MU, KC9FVW, KC9FQD, K9AIH, N9TTX, KB9QGL
Station: K9CVC

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: EN44
Operating Time (hrs):

  903:   12     5
  1.2:   25    12
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:    2     1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  440   124  Total Score = 80,352

Well this was my first Multi-Multi effort (with low power). We operated from the
W0UC/W0AIH (EN44) contest station. My main goal was to get some new operators on
the air and show them what a VHF contest is like. I was very surprised! After a
couple hours QRV both Amber, KC9FVW and Dave, KC9FQD were acting like pros. They
quickly learned the benefit of passing mults and strategies of maximizing their
QSO rate. Darrell, K9AIH was the 432 operator and Dave, N9TTX joined us midway
through the contest after his rotor started smoking. N9TTX was in charge on 222,
902, and 1296. KB9QGL supplied us with some 10Ghz QSO’s. I thought the bands
were pretty good and near the end of the contest there was some tropo to MI, OH,
IN, and EM26. KB8U and K9EA both in EN71 were worked on 144 and 222. W9ZIH
(EN51) was worked through 1296 along with K2DRH (EN41) and K2YAZ (EN74) For the
first time we got KM0T (EN13) and K0AWU (EN37) on 1296 !! It was nice hearing so
much activity and thanks to all of the rovers for keeping the bands alive. CU in
the next test!

Justin, K9MU