[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KA1ZE/3 Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 20 15:19:41 EDT 2004

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: KA1ZE/3
Operator(s): KA1ZE
Station: KA1ZE/3

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  411    72  Total Score = 29,592

This was my first effort from my new contest QTH in FN01xt. It really is hard to
comment on the conditions other than to say that I worked more grids from here
than from any other QTH. The best dx was close to being a dead heat in almost
all directions. My grid map had filled in grids at the 500 mile circle in all
directions. K9HMB EN52; WD4OAR EM75; N4CW FN53; N2LBT/VE2/R FN36 and W3IY/R from
several of his NC grids were some of the most memorable QSO's.
I began work on the site in the beginning of August and was only able to get on
144. I put up a pair of K1FO-12's on top of 155 feet of 55-45 tower. I hope to
be on all bands through 10Ghz by the January contest.

73, Stan, KA1ZE/3