[3830] NA Sprint SSB AA4LR LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 22 22:27:02 EDT 2004

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   80:   0     0:00
   40:   9     0:25
   20:   1     0:05
---------------------
Total:  10     Mults = 6  Total Score = 60

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC Team #1

Comments:

Equipment / Antennas:
K2/100
Cushcraft A3S at 15m (20m)
1/4 wave sloper at 12m (40m)

Comments:

Had planned a full-time effort, but last minute family obligations caused me to
miss most of the first two hours.

Showed up on 20m and quickly found AL1G in Alaska! No other sprint signals were
heard on 20m. In fact, few signals were evident at this hour.

Switched to 40m, and found it was quite long. Worked some west coast stations
with some effort. Most of my CQs were turned away unanswered. Kept getting beat
out when I tried to call someone. After about 25 minutes of this I threw in the
towel.

Sprints are HARD. I need an amp.