[3830] TxQP K5YAA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 26 22:18:35 EDT 2004

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OK

  160:    0      0      0
   80:   15      1      0
   40:  105    377      0
   20:   83      1      0
   15:    2      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
  UHF:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  205    379      0  Mults = 210  Total Score = 310,730

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

The score includes 24,500 bonus points.  Thanks to the following mobiles who
provided those extra points.

AD5OP AE5Q  AF5DY K5BG   K5EJL K5GQ
K5NA  K5OJ  K5OT  K5P    K5T   KD5SHM
KK5LO N5AOK W5ODD WBØTEV N5ET  N5YK
NO5W  W3DYA W5LL  W5MF

Mostly ESP from here on 20 meters with only a few solid openings.  I listened
"harder" when I heard a pile up to find out who was there.  Thanks to NO5W for
his obvious hard work pulling me out.  Most of the time I had to hang around
'til the pile subsided then dropped in my call.

CW mobiles stayed mostly with 20/15 which is understandable - that's where the
Qs were.  Thanks to those that took a look at 40 CW now and then in particular
W3DYA and K5OJ.

4 different band Qs with K5PTC and only 2 Qs on 15.  One was a 15 CW Q with
K5NA/COLO who somehow heard changes in the noise to read my call.

Several special Qs with K5IID who is a Texan again!

Like last year 40 SSB was the meat and potatoes band and mode from here.  Worked
well over 30 distinct mobile callsigns and lots of fixed station activity.  A
number of Texas stations sounded more like they were having a fun weekend family
get together rather than a contest.  I got a kick out of listening in at
times.

Thanks to NARS in Houston for sponsoring the TQP.

73 - K5YAA