[3830] CQ WW RTTY 9M2/G4ZFE(@9M2RPN) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 27 06:30:26 EDT 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 9M2/G4ZFE
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kuala Lumpur

   80:    0     0       0        0     0
   40:   83   226       0       39    17
   20:  460  1319       0       87    22
   15:  842  2312       0       88    27
   10:  153   414       0       38    14
Total: 1538  4271       0      252    80  Total Score = 1,417,972

Club: BARTG

Comments:

(DX column above includes states/provinces. N1MM didn't appear at first glance
to show me the states/provinces seperately).

Station: IC-756 Pro and IC-PW1 amplier. 400W output
Antenna: Force 12 C-3S at 12m, 40m Inverted 'V' at 12m

My first serious entry in this contest and it was enjoyable. HF conditions were
stable and 10m woke up nicely on Sunday to give a much appreciated opening to Eu
albeit with weak signals.

Great participation from S.E. Asia, including HS72B, HS0EHF, E21EIC, 9M2TO,
YB0ANA + many other YB's and 9V1UV. "SE Asia Big Gun" award goes to Khun Champ,
E21EIC who bashed my S-meter on every band. Time to bring my Alpha amplifier
from the UK :-)

Also good to work so many members of the VKCC (VK Contest Club) - RTTY
contesting is alive and well in VK. Nick, VK1AA/4 was the loudest VK station I
heard (599+20 dB off the back of my beam :-) closely followed by Mirek, VK6DXI
who was a beacon on 40m.

Sadly an illness just before the contest prevented me from being able to stay up
for the full 48 hours. This also prevented me from switching from AFSK to FSK. I
missed those IC-756 RTTY filters....

Best consistent NA signal was K5ZD. With low K numbers I was able to work more
East coast US stations than I was expecting.

Thank you for all the QSOS. As I am moving back to the UK in 2005 my next CQ WW
RTTY contest will be from the UK :-(

73 de Rich, 9M2/G4ZFE