[3830] CQ WW RTTY N4GI SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 27 21:29:16 EDT 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N4GI
Operator(s): N4GI
Station: N4GI

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH:

   20:  159  376      24      40    14
Total:  159  376      24      40    14  Total Score = 29,328

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

20 yagi is the only antenna I left on the tower to weather hurricane Jeanne.
Specially homebrewed with monster 1-1/4" to 5/8" tapered elements, it did just
fine :-)

I knew a serious effort wouldn't be in the cards, but I had to try out new
Microham Microkeyer (no affiliation).   One USB port plugged into writelog/mmty
on a 1.8ghz machine for rig control, FSK, and PTT.  ZERO com ports, ZERO
stuttering, ZERO lockups....  and even at full bore 1.5kw CQing.  The little box
is the bees knees, Jozef hit it on the mark.  Can't wait to give it a go on
CW.

S&Ping up to .130 is a rush!  Lots of DX, lots of fun (for a short period of
time).

cul, 73
Blake N4GI