[3830] TxQP NX5M Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 28 00:46:08 EDT 2004

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, N5XJ, KB5ZFO, W5MN, KR5W
Station: NX5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: TEXAS

  160:    0       0     0
   80:    0       0     0
   40:   47     766     0
   20:  109    1262     0
   15:   28     408     0
   10:    0      44     0
    6:    0       2     0
    2:    0      12     0
  UHF:    0       0     0
----------------------------
Total:  184    2494     0  Mults = 296  Total Score = 1,658,840

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

A very interesting qso took place on Saturday.  I was operating on 20 when I got
a call from a Gitmo station.  He asked me if I was in Somerville to which I
answered "yes".
We chatted for about 5 minutes and to my surprise he told me that he lived here
back in the 70's and his wife taught english at the high school.  When I asked
for her name I was even more amazed that she was one of my teachers.  Wow!  He,
as well as I, remembered when one Halloween a bunch of us kids went to their
house and wrapped their oak trees with toilet tissue (about 50 rolls) and how
the next group that went by there threw trash all over the yard.......but we
were the ones that got blamed for it!  Since the group I was running with that
night were decent people we went back to their house the next day and picked up
all of the trash that the MEAN BOYS had deposited........not much we could do
about the TP.   Her name was Mrs. Bishop and even today I can still picture her
in my mind.......blonde hair and all.  Of course he told me that her hair was
not fully blonde anymore.  After 25+ years it was so heart-warming to talk to
someone I knew way back then but had forgotten from time passing by.  It is
indeed amazing how things that we think we have forgotten after so many years
can surface in a split second when the timing is right.  Just think, if I had
not done TQP Saturday (and I had major doubts that we'd operate at all), I would
have never taken a trip down memory lane with people I thought I had
forgotten.
Great participation from everyone around the country as well as from all over
the world.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to chase us down on other bands and to you
Texas mobiles.......applause.