[3830] CQ WW RTTY GM5A(GM4FDM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 28 14:31:28 EDT 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: GM5A
Operator(s): GM4FDM
Station: GM5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SCOTLAND

   80:  185   407       15      40    10
   40:  404   886       26      60    23
   20:  760  1906       47      73    30
   15:  248   587       25      45    22
   10:    0     0        0       0     0
Total: 1597  3786      113     218    85  Total Score = 1,574,976

Club: GM DX Group

Comments:

Conditions seemed very flat at 56 north.   Saturday was better than Sunday
which
was a drag at times.   Whilst S & P i kept getting the "already worked"
signal.   RCKrtty worked flawlessly as usual, but I had either a dicky
sound card or interface which meant that the input audio level to the rig kept
fluctuating and tripping the amplifier.   I changed both linear and sound
card during the Contest to no avail.   There were some snippets of DX on 40m,
but local European signals made a lot of them onworkable Long Path in the late
afternoons.   As usual due toi the levels of activity on 40m, both SSB and CW
operators were complaining that we were taking up more than our share of the
band.
Overall I enjoyed the Contest, but feel I could have done better.   I had
no antenna for 10m and don't know if the band was open or not, but I did
loose the chance of the odd mult.   Next year - I will be back!