[3830] Rus DX OH2BH(OH2UA) SO Mixed HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 3 09:23:35 EDT 2005

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: OH2BH

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH:

Total: 2012   546  Total Score = 7,224,126

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was my 1st time in Russian DX Contest and I have to say that I just loved
it!
Great activity even in normally so quiet night time hours. I never knew that
there´s so many Russian contest station overall. At least in this contest it´s
good to be here in Eastern EU, a lot of 10 point Q´s ;)

Unfortunately 10mtrs never opened up enough for good run. On Sunday morning I
was S&Ping with 2nd radio all the time on 10m but wait too long before QSY´ed my
run frequency there and all the statons heard only a couple of minutes ago were
faiding out. Later I heard that Marko, OH4JFN (@OH4R) did work JA & VK on 10
with only 100W... Anyway new claimed OH record and a lot of fun!

The main target was to test the station setup and some new improvements made
inside the shack (too cold for antenna work here in north, hi). Once again
Jyrki, OH3QK made huge work with all the station automatics and now there´s no
need for any manual swiching while operating. Operator has full flexibility of
all possible antenna combinations and full SO2R and it´s all controled by simple
control unit (six buttons!). The final adjustments to automatic system was made
just a couple of days before the contest in early morning hours but surpringly
everything worked like a dream during the contest.

And last but not least I´d also like to thank Martti, OH2BH & Leena, OH2BE for
great hosting once again!

Station setup:
2 X FT1000Mark V & Pa´s

Tower 1: