[3830] GaQP N4PN Rover LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 11 12:44:35 EDT 2005

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Rover LP
QTH: Various

--------------------
Total:  1697   418  CW Mults = 43  Ph Mults = 43  Total Score = 327,832

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to a friend who works with me, who is not a ham, for driving and
putting
up with something he knows nothing about (or didn't before this weekend). He
did ask me on Sunday morning "are all hams as crazy as you?"..
Conditions were great on Saturday...wish we would start earlier as activity
drops off late in the evening as the results always show. We ate on the run
and drank too much water and in Jeff's case, too many Cokes...meaning more pit
stops. The only reason we're not still QRZing from Clay county is because of
having 4-wheel drive in my Blazer...as we dropped off in a hole trying to get
off of the road....never would have gotten out with 2-wheel drive...got
stopped
only twice by the "fuzz" wanting to know what we were up to...in Lee county and
in Fayette county...no problem after we did a little demo.
If you like contesting and running the pile and you've never gone mobiling in
a QSO Party, you haven't lived quite yet. At every change of county, it all
starts over. Would take a while to list all of the stations that I worked in
the 41 counties...but must mention John, N6MU with a 100w and a vertical who I
worked in just about every county - we had a total of 121 Q's!! Also, Charlie,
NF4A was always there and worked him in several counties even on 20m from next
door in Florida.
Worked a lot of EU, including DL5AWI, DL3GA, DL9AWI, DL5MC, I4IKW, PA3ARM,
OZ8ABE, and a few G's. I worked I4IKW on 40m an hour and half before my
sunset!!!
Time ran out before I could make all the counties that I had planned. First day
didn't make it to Bleckley, Dodge, Sumter, Pulaski, Twiggs & Wilcox. Second day
didn't make it to Washington & Wilkinson. I dropped Jeff off at his home in
Milledgeville on Sunday evening and didn't get into Jones until it was too late.
Baldwin (Milledgeville) being my last county.
BTW, Jeff said he would do it again next year but he has a whole year to change
his mind....we'll see.
Thanks to all who made it a lot fun...to friends who I know that stopped by to
give me that needed multiplier from ID, MT, etc.
Til next time....
73, Paul, N4PN

RIG: Icom 706mkIIG (with a spare)
ANT: High-Sierra screw-driver on rear of vehicle
     Hustler (mag-mount) on top for 20m or 40m
     ETM9C-X3 Electronic Keyer

     Lots of snacks/sandwiches/Coke/water
     Logging: Dell Inspiron 2500 w/NA
     Computer charged by IGO Juice resulting in zero noise in rig