[3830] JIDX CW VA7ST SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 11 22:44:03 EDT 2005

                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   1      0
   40:   9      5
   20:  23     13
   15:   2      1
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  35     19  Total Score = 722

Always a pleasure to work so many polite and patient JA ops. Jumped into JIDX
several times from early Saturday morning through afternoon. Didn't hear as many
JA stations as I had been expecting, but still managed to outperform previous
efforts in this one. Seemed like more than a few 20M QRP signals this time out,
or perhaps it was just really bad propagation.

Conditions seemed quite rough on 20 but fairly good on 40, using a new Moxon
rectangle sloping from 40' to 20' in the backyard. Plan to rig it in a full
vertical (rotatable) orientation (hanging from a pine tree) later this week and
get to know it better before SPDX RTTY and CW Sprint.

Managed one 80M Q early Saturday morning on the delta loop. I heard several JA
stations, but 100W to the wire triangle wasn't cutting through the QRN well
enough to work them.