[3830] FlQP W1END SOABCW LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 27 05:07:41 EDT 2005

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W1END
Operator(s): W1END
Station: W1END

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: NH

   40:    5     0
   20:  165     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  170     0  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 22,440

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Missed only one county this year (Santa Rosa).  Last year was two short.  Next
year ???  Quite a pile up on W4OV/m when he hit DAD county.  Used every trick I
knew to try to break the fray and finally nabbed him with four minutes to go.
It seemed like the activity was down from last year.  I am almost 100 Qs lower.
Sunday afternoon reminded me of the ARRL DX Contest when the conditions are poor
- everyone lines up for the Caribbean stations.  Here everyone would pile up for
each mobile when it entered a new county.  Where were all the fixed stations?
Twenty meter conditions from NH to FL were quite good.  But 40M had a lot to be
desired.  Heard WB9J on 15M but he was barely copyable.   Looking forward to
2006.  See you in the New England QP.
Thanks to all.     Eldon - W1END