[3830] IOTA VY2TT(K6LA) SO24Mixed HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 4 18:58:27 EDT 2005

                    IOTA Contest

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SO24Mixed HP
QTH: NA029

   80:   41       19       9        7
   40:  139       33      97       39
   20:  515       56     660       69
   15:  238       35      94       23
   10:    1        1       1        1
Total:  934      144     861      139  Total Score = 3,415,527

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was having a great time and things were going well, when at 2AM local time,
the power went out. I've got a 14kw generator, but it is out of service. After
checking this was not local, I turned the light switches on and went to sleep.
Well, before retiring, I went outside and it was a perfectly clear night on PEI
and with no lights anywhere the sky was just filled with stars. Power came on 4
1/2 hours later. So I missed many 80m & 40m mults.

Where were all those stations the EU IOTAs were working. I didn't hear even a
peep from SA on 10.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT