[3830] IOTA N1DX(@W0NO/P) Multi-Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Aug 5 23:34:23 EDT 2005

                    IOTA Contest

Call: N1DX
Operator(s): N1DX W0NO K1TWF K0BJ
Station: W0NO/P

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Deer Isle ME NA-055

   80:   13       13      10      10
   40:  215       57       1       0
   20:  311       34     575      64
   15:   22       20      16      15
   10:    0                0
Total:  561      124     602      89  Total Score = 1,660,761

The 3rd annual effort for this team. We rented a house with hundreds of meters
of waterfront giving 1/2 wave or closer wet take off from 320 clockwise thru
190. Used 4 sq. vert. dipole array on 20, 2 el. VDA on 40 with one element used
for 15M, and a HF2V for 80/40.

K1TWF's mult. station amp. arrived with a power supply snafu so we were barefoot
on the mult. station. That was our sole Murphy intrusion. W0NO's Ameritron 572
amp developed an overcurrent in one tube circuit but that occurred after the
contest.

Conditions were fair for us, and much better than last year. As always, more NA
participation would make the night shift more productive. The WRC changes to 40M
should be a boon to our SSB guys -- as it is now they copy all these loud EUs
that never listen above 7100.

N1DX's YL is from BY and was a cw op. in the Chinese army. Now that she sees a
hobby side to all the dits and dahs she is intrigued with thoughts of getting
licensed. We had a "Down East seaweed clambake" on the beach by the HF2V Sunday
after the contest, which was a special treat for the KS flatlanders. The house
rental included a wood-fired sauna just 60 steps from the ocean and some of us
felt like honorary OHs by the end of the week.

We hope to do this again from somewhere in the NE US next year.