[3830] EUHF Champ OH6NIO CW Only LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 14:38:17 EDT 2005

                    European HF Championship

Call: OH6NIO
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OH6NIO

Class: CW Only LP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs): 11,5

  160:   93            44
   80:  133            48
   40:  160            50
   20:  252            55
   15:   56            33
   10:    4             4
---------------------------
Total:  698     0     234  Total Score = 163,332

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I worked with one radio just for fun. Nothing broke but my computer froze-up one
time just in the middle of a good run on 20m causing an unplanned QRT-period.
Poor propagation on 15m and 10m and the higher bands died very early. I somehow
missed the openings on 10m so my multiplier count is very poor. 15m was very
difficult with the combination of aurora and low power so passing mults was
extremely difficult. The low bands were surprisingly good but as usual things
start to get too slow with the low power in the last hours of the contest. I can
only imagine what kind of scores could have been possible with similar
conditions that we had during the IOTA-contest. Anyway it was a lot of fun to
work all those skilled ops on CW. I will try again with better luck next year.
Hopefully with a full-bore SO2R-setup. The 12-hour format is UFB!