[3830] NAQP CW AK0M Single Op QRP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 22:19:44 EDT 2005

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: AK0M
Operator(s): AK0M
Station: AK0M

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NE

  160:    5     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  228    95  Total Score = 21,660

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Like last August, I travelled 250 mi to a state park in northeast Nebraska to
hand out what is usually a semi-rare multiplier in this contest. Set up field
day style on the highest point in the campground, about 250ft about the
surrounding terrain. Rig was IC-703 at 5w, powered by 9.6V battery packs.
Antenna was 90ft inverted L, about 40ft vertical and 50ft horizontal at 40ft.
Logged on a HP200LX palmtop, that's a little keyboard! I was pleased with the
performance of the whole station, given its simplicity. Especially on 80 and
160.

Glancing at some of the recent log posts, it looks like there is some growing
contest activity from NE for this one, so maybe I will do something different
next year. Operating from outdoors sure is fun though, wherever I go!

I've done exclusively QRP operating all year so far.  Thanks to all who
struggled to pull out my weak QRP signal and complete the QSO!

73, Steve AK0M