[3830] ARRL UHF K1TEO Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 8 09:27:05 EDT 2005

                    ARRL August UHF QSO Party

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT/FN31

  1.2:   50    16
  2.3:   23    12
  3.4:   16     9
  5.7:    6     6
  10G:   13     9
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  316   126  Total Score = 215,838

Decent contest this time though as always seems to be the case, activity here in
the Northeast is not all that great in this contest. Band was enhanced for local
coverage (200 miles or so SW and NE) from Saturday night until mid-morning.
W3CCX beacons were almost full pin on all bands. Around Midnight the CCX 10 ghz
beacon (not heard at my QTH under normal condx)was so strong it was overloading
my rx! I was hearing s9 CCX sigs all over the band - the "real" frequency was
full pin. Unfortunately no one was around at that time to work. Sure was a lot
of QRM Sunday am with so many huge (though relatively local) Sigs.  Many easy
grids were MIA this time so the grid totals were down quite a bit. Also, missed
our friend W3IY who wasn't able to rove this time. Worked some interesting DX in
W8GG in EM88 (222) and K8TQK in EM89 (222 and 432) to the west. Also AA4ZZ in
EM96 (222) and W4DEX in EM95(432)to the SW. And finally, K1DY was in FN65 at the
end with a very good signal on 222,432 and 903. Tnx Bill! And tnx to all the
rovers who made a relatively slow contest a lot more fun: W1AUV,KE3HT, VE3CRU,
K1DS, N2CQM, W1AIM, W3HMS, and WA3PTV! Great job guys.

Wish we could get more activity going in this contest. The format makes for a
fun and more relaxing time than in the 3 "majors". Always interesting to get to
focus on the microwave bands. Congratulations to the NLRS who seemed to have
succeeded again in creating great activity in the Upper Midwest. CU in
September.  Jeff K1TEO