[3830] NCCC Sprint(8-12) K3STX LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Aug 12 09:46:20 EDT 2005

                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (8-12)

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

---------------------
Total:  31     Mults = 13  Total Score = 403

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Just before the contest I told K1IR that my goal was 30 QSOs, and I did it! My
best score yet, but for the first time very few QSOs on 20M! I think almost half
of my QSOs were with WD0T and VA3NR! Ironically, I think my QSO#30 was with
K1IR.

Never bothered to check WWV, but conditions on 20 STUNK here, I could barely
hear the stations out West. I heard nothing on 80 M (why not?), so was stuck on
40M.

I'm pretty happy with my single op/one brain/one radio performance, but if I
could have made some QSOs on 20M I might have made 35.

Next 2 weeks will be away on vacation in Virginia Beach, so will be 40 M QRP
with a Small Wonder Labs SW40+ and dipole. I can be that elusive VA mult.

73, and thanks for another Thursday night of fun. I really do look forward to
this all week.

paul