[3830] NCCC Sprint(8-12) K4BAI LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Aug 12 10:56:59 EDT 2005

                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (8-12)

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   0        0
   80:   0        0
---------------------
Total:  45     Mults = 12  Total Score = 540

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP x 2 (SO2R), 100 watts output, TH6DXX, zepp, dipole.

Signals on both 20 and 40 were good at the beginning, but 20 meters practically
faded out by 0245Z.  Last QSO on 20 was at 0251Z with K4LTA via scatter, I
guess.  It was a multiplier.  I had heard K1GU and W4NZ and called K1GU several
times, but always got beat out by a west coast station.  Why didn't I think to
listen to 80 during the last half?  I set up the station with the VFO on 3540
all ready to go with the push of one button on one rig, and I didn't remember to
try that until I was mentally reviewing the contest in preparation for this
posting.  Oh, well, I won't forget 80 next time!  40 was long and the closest
station heard with a good signal was K3STX in MD.  N4OGW in MS was worked, but
signals were weak.  Worked K8AJS just before the contest, but could hear him
weak on 20 during the contest and didn't hear him at all on 40.  Guess it was
long skip again and I missed OH.  Heard K1IR weak on 20 before the contest and
thought Jim would be QRV, but didn't hear him during the contest. Heard K0UK
once on 40 with a good signal but was QRL on 20 and never heard CO again.

Thanks for the QSOs.  I will miss next Thursday due to a tennis tournament.

73,

John, K4BAI.