[3830] WAE CW F6IRF Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 15 05:15:00 EDT 2005

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F6IRF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN35AU

   80:   35          68
   40:   60         102
   20:  153          94
   15:   50          66
   10:   12          10
-------------------------
Total:  310   324   340  Total Score = 215,560

Small domestic station:  2elts @12m / dipoles @18m  IC756 + HB4cx250 PA
N1MM 5.0.149

Based on numbers sent by a few stations, the only good location for this contest
this year must have been outside EU !
Seen from EU-side the exercise was really too boring:
rare interesting DX's with unbreakable pile-ups, low general non-EU activity,
poor condx and very low QSO rates are making it really frustrating...  If you
add the fact that Begging in vain for QTC's is not something really exciting
either, you end-up with some "should have done something else" feeling...
By the way my plan was to enter LP but after the first 8 hours, I gave up...
enough was enough - the rate did not increase very much, but at least I could
work the mults !
IMHO: seen from EU, the rules make the WAEDC-RTTY much more interesting...