[3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) K8AJS LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 18 23:17:37 EDT 2005

                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (8-19)

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   0         0
   80:   0         0
   40:   3     7 min
   20:  24    23 min
---------------------
Total:  27     Mults = 7  Total Score = 189

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Disappointing. I got off to a reasonably good start for the first ten minutes,
and then it just fell apart. I could hear people, but apparently I wasn't loud,
because I had trouble making anybody hear me. I was consistently getting beat in
the pileups. And I was getting beat by stations I _couldn't_ hear, so I had no
second try.

A change from 20 meters to 40 meters 15 minutes into the contest was fruitless,
and wasted time. The last seven minutes spent on 40 weren't much better.

Oh, well, enough whining. Time to evaluate and see what I can do different next
week...[shrug]

Rig: FT1000MP 100 watts
Antennas: 3 el quad, multi-band inverted vee
Software: WriteLog 10.54C