[3830] SARTG WA2ETU SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 21 13:42:27 EDT 2005

                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: WA2ETU
Operator(s): WA2ETU
Station: WA2ETU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

   80:   31   320    19
   40:  138  1845    51
   20:  389  5350    82
   15:  139  1975    49
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  697  9490   201  Total Score = 1,907,490

After a rocky start for the first 3 hours due to technical problems and shutting
down 3 or 4 times due to thunder storms, I was still able to beat my goal of
bettering my score from last year.  Other than thunder storms during the mid
section of the contest, conditions seemed pretty good here.  However, ten was
never open that I could tell.

I was using a new FTDX9000 rig for the first time in a contest.  The only
problem was that Writelog doesn't interface with the rig at this point so I had
to remember to enter band changes into the log.

The new rig is fantastic compared to what I have been using, a FT1000 MP Mark V.
 Print is noticeably cleaner.  It copies weaker signals, it copies much better
on 80 and 40 under noisy conditions.   The receiver is noticeably quieter than
any rig I have had before.  First time I have had an opportunity to use band
scopes. This rig has the capability to monitor 2 bands at the same time on the
band scopes.  Each scope can be set to monitor only the RTTY portion of the
band.  Neat tool. I have the "Contest" version with a 15" flat screen monitor.
Obviously, I really like the new rig.