[3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) K6VVA LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Aug 26 01:03:28 EDT 2005

                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (8-26)

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:   1        ~
   40:   6        ~
   20:  32        ~
---------------------
Total:  39     Mults = 12  Total Score = 468

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Man, 20m was HOT tonight!  4 or 5 new first-time NS calls to boot.  Apologies to
those it took a while to get exchanges through the HEAVY QRM and loud signals on
20m a few times.

Had WriteLog problems before the start which never got resolved.  For some
reason, half of my Shift+F key messages would not work.  Irritating & resulted
in unwanted QLF.

Just missed breaking 40 Q's this week due to the problems (including those
between the ears), and I still have "50" on my Wish List, but only one more week
left to try and make it ;-(

Darn, after a mini-rag chew with K8AJS & quickie exchanges with K4BAI, K4LTA &
WD0T just before the NS started, I realized how much I am going to miss seeing
all you guys each Thursday Night!

On the NCCC Net after the NS, W6ZZZ mentioned someone had commented about the
Thursday Night NS being like "Family Fun Night".  Right On!  What a cool
"family" of contesters to have some fun with once a week.

Hmmm...maybe I should sponsor a continuation of the NS as "LS" (Locust Leap) or
something?  I wonder if Kenwood, Yaesu & Icom could kick in some new rigs for
prizes :-0

Yup, I'm gonna miss playing in the NS sandbox with all you guys on Thursday
Nights after next week's gig...Major Bummer, Dudes!

73 & Tnx for all the Q's/Mults tonight...

Rick, K6VVA (a/k/a The Locust)