[3830] ARRL 160 KI6IV Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 14:31:44 EST 2005

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KI6IV
Operator(s): KI6IV
Station: KI6IV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Truckee, CA

Total:  QSOs = 304  Sections = 52  Countries = 1  Total Score = 30,056

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I got off to a good start on Fri evening, made a mistake by quitting too early
at mid-night.  Should have kept going, probably would have been a bit better,
but still my best to date in this contest.

The band was in great shape here, no loud local noise.

Spent lots of time CQing with poor responses, but when I got spotted it was
great, relly picked things up- thanks to all who spotted.  I think I was fairly
loud at times and had reasonable success in holding a frequency.

Late Sat night was brutal, the QSO rate dropped almost to nothing, but had to
make the 300 mark.  It was tough to get the last 15 or so.

This was a good test for the new roofing filter, it certainly paid for itself
this contest.

Rig:  FT-1000M, AL-80b at 800w+
      Ant- 125' slopper off the tower

Have some antenna improvements in mind which I will do next weekend in prep for
the Stew Perry.