[3830] ARRL 160 K7BG Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 21:39:01 EST 2005

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 18:32

Total:  QSOs = 801  Sections = 78  Countries = 7  Total Score = 138,210

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

Lot's a fun. My wife's birthday is the 2nd so made a few Q's in the first couple
hours and then went out with some friends and missed the next six hours
celebrating another year of my XYL putting up with me. Missed some prime time,
but spent most of Friday night trying to catch up. Fell asleep and missed the
morning opening both mornings.

Nice to tune across the DX window and hear John (ON4UN) for my only EU QSO.
Saturday night the band sounded like 40m on Saturday night of sweepstakes CW.
Lots of fast fading and QRN. I would ask for repeats and dahs would turn to dits
in the choppy QSB making copy difficult.

I'm a slacker and have never had a real receiving antenna, but I was able to
pull some sigs out and comlete some Q's by listening on the 40m yagi and/or the
80m slopers.

We had a record snowfall this past week and temps were hovering around zero F
all weekend so the heat from the amp was warm and cozy.

Congrats to Gene (KB7Q) for a great low power effort from these parts.

Happy Holidays,

Matt--K7BG