[3830] ARRL 160 K0HW Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 21:52:05 EST 2005

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: South Dakota

Total:  QSOs = 277  Sections = 67  Countries = 0  Total Score = 37,118

Back to 160 Meters, lots of CW, HiHi, I did not get to operate as much as I
would have liked on this contest but I did what I could to help get South Dakota
out there.  I am going to try sometime on this contest to go into a work it all
night mode and sleep from 9 AM to 4 PM.  I think I would be sleeping while the
band is sleeping on 160.

I did improve my QSO count and my Section count from last year.  The band was
getting funny both Saturday night and Sunday morning as the signals were really
sounding wavey.  It caused me to miss copy many calls and then try to work them
and they got me correct as a DUP!!!

The signals from both coasts were weak as the signals close in were great.  My
500' loop fell down during the week so I was only using the 160 Dipole.  I think
I could have heard better with the loop but no chance to get it back up with all
the snow on the ground here now.

ICOM 756PROII, Ameritron AL-1200, Writelog and Inverted V at 48' in the
center.

See you this weekend in the 10 meter contest.  73  Jim