[3830] CQWW CW OK1FDR SOSB/20 LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 5 08:35:04 EST 2005

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OK1FDR
Operator(s): OK1FDR
Station: OK1FDR

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Humpolec

   20: 1217    36      131
Total: 1217    36      131  Total Score = 453,739

Rig: FT1000MP Mark V Field, 5el yagi + 3el tribander (fixed to SA)

This was my first entry in WW CW as a single op.
The number of multipliers is much better than I hoped for, but missed some of
them anyway: my 100W was not enough to get ZA/Z35M when he was working NA in the
afternoon, similarly with V51AS (when I heard him it was also too late for me),
coudn't get through pile-up to 4S7 before he quickly lost his patience.

Zones 1,2,29,31 are missing - as I had 36 zones in log on Saturday at 16:00Z,
I'm a bit dissapointed that I coudn't work any new zone in the rest of the time;
I have somehow missed VK9AA on Sunday, though I knew 'he must be there' and was
looking particularly for him :-)

My big thanks to OK1MAL and OK1MEP, who invited me, let me use OL1X's QTH and
helped me to settle things for the contest and dismantle the gear afterwards -
hopefully they are satisfied with my result and don't feel it to be just a waste
of time.